Saturday, May 12, 2012

Self Defence

Last night was our ladies night, and this time it was Kyla's turn to host. She chose a self defence course, and it was awesome! We had a team of martial Arts experts come and teach us a private lesson on how to defend yourself. It was pretty basic as it was our first time. They told us they do offer more advanced classes though, like how to defend yourself against a  weapon such as a knife or other more advanced situations. For us last night we stuck with basic moves that would help us to get out of being choked, grabbed from behind or grabbed by the hair, you know, standard attacker moves. It was a three and a half hour course but it was a lot of fun! We didn't get to take any pictures during the class so we decided to demonstrate some moves in the locker room for your viewing pleasure. 


the pony tail grab

eye jab

choke hold eye jab

surprise attack

not part of the training 

grab from behind






Naturally when I got home Sandy wanted to test out my defence techniques. I felt pretty confident leaving the course, so no problem I can take him I thought. Wrong! My techniques weren't so great put into actual combat but Im just hoping my fight or flight juices would kick in and I would ward off any such attacker. All in all it was a great ladies night and hopefully the class was only for piece of mind and never has to be used! 

No comments:

Post a Comment