![]() |
| This is a school zone sign |
![]() |
| This is a playground zone sign |
School Zone Times (school days only) are:
• 8:00 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
• 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. • 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Playground Zone speed limits are in effect
every day from 8:30 a.m. to one hour after sunset.
I just had to post this information because I know some people are unsure of what the different times, speed limits and zones are. The reason I know people are unsure is because they drive 30km/h at 6:00 at night through a school zone! I want to pull my hair out driving behind some of these "unsure" drivers. I live outside of ardrossan, where the speed limit on Range Road 222 is 80km/h except when you drive through the school zone. When you drive through the school zone it is 30km/h but only between the hours of 8:00am-9:30am, 11:30am-1:30pm and 3:00pm-4:30pm and only on the days there is school (so not in the summer). That means that ANY OTHER TIME OF DAY the speed limit is 80km/h. What really gets me is when someone drives through the school zone at lets say 2:00pm, and they are unsure about the school zone hours so they coast at 50km/h. That is 30 km under the speed limit for that time of day, or 20 km over the speed limit if you are thinking it is a valid school zone time (which it is not, as shown above). Argh! I don't know why this drives me so crazy it just does. Either look up the school zone hours, or drive 30 km/h because 50 km/h is either way over or way under! And just for your reference all of this information can be found on Alberta Transportation Website, just click here.
End Rant.
Sorry it's been a really tough week.


No comments:
Post a Comment