Monday, June 4, 2012

Training Weekend

This past weekend we had a training weekend for our ultramarathon coming up in a few weeks. The race takes place in the Crowsnest Pass so we spent the weekend in Canmore hiking two mountains to prepare for the change in altitude and the hiking conditions that the race will present. It was a big weekend for training but also a big weekend because it was my first time away from Al for more than 24 hours. Daddy did a great job and everyone survived but it definitely marked a milestone. I have spent today trying to take care of the tornado that must have hit the house while I was gone but at least my little guy is in one piece (with only a few scratches).  Only five members of our team were able to make it this weekend but it still proved to be a good team bonding experience. There was definitely a wide variety in our group of age, athletic ability, relationships to one another, and maybe even sense of humour? But it proved that under stressful (mental and physical) conditions we are still a great team and group of friends / mother-daughters. We did two scramble hikes: Lady MacDonald and China Man's Peak. Here are some pictures from our hiking trip, Enjoy!









And just a side note, I haven't picked up my point and shoot camera in quite a while now, and boy can I tell the difference. My DSLR was just too much to carry up the mountain and sadly I think I missed out on some great shots! But these pictures are still great memories captured on the ol' pink Canon!

No comments:

Post a Comment